Thursday, November 13, 2014

Amazing Evening with WISE Ottawa!

Tonight I had the privilege to speak to Ottawa's Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Ottawa about Queen of the Hurricanes.  It was a wonderful opportunity to share the history of Canada's first practicing woman engineer with current and future women in science and engineering. 

Elsie was involved with WISE since its creation and she also spoke to one of the early groups, and received honorary membership. 

WISE members have been very supportive of my research, and I am very grateful for their support and interest.  Thank you to all who came out tonight and for the excellent engaging Q&A session!

Over the weekend I will post photos on the blog and my website.





Next public book launch will be in Thunder Bay, Ontario on December 22nd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment